Energy Performance Certificates

 Our qualified Home Energy Inspectors are licensed to undertake domestic surveys in accordance with legislation and produce the report in both electronic and paper forms.   

Our EPC service are not just for landlords but also private homeowners looking to improve their properties energy efficiency

From 9 January 2013 all advertisements for either selling or renting property must clearly show the energy rating of the building. This includes newspapers and magazines, any written material produced by the landlords or estate/letting agents, and on the internet.Details can be found on the .Gov website Here

EPC Commercial Property

EPCs certify how energy efficient a property is by using a rating system from A-G, with A being the most efficient. An EPC is derived from standard information regarding the energy efficiency levels and carbon emissions present in a building when checked against a comparative building.

If you’re looking to sell, rent or build a commercial property, then you’ll need a commercial EPC. There are exceptions to when an EPC is not required:

  • If a building is to be demolished.
  • Temporary buildings with less than two years of usage.
  • An entirely detached building with a total useful floor area of less than 50m2, and not a dwelling.
  • Places of worship.
  • Industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings with low energy demand.



Years Established

EPC Complete

Failure to have an EPC can carry a fine of £5000

What if I have a subdivided property?

If a building is designed or altered for use as separate accommodation, each part may require its own EPC. A single or multiple EPC depends on the type of heating system in place or future plans for the property.

When you intend to sell or let a building in its entirety, an EPC for the entire building is mandatory. However, a separate heating system within the building requires an EPC for each individual area, including communal areas.

Should you propose to sell or let part of the building which shares a common heating system, you can request an EPC for the whole building or for each designated area (common areas can be ignored).

A building with separate parts and heating systems requires a single EPC for each part being offered for sale or let. For this purpose, you must also provide an EPC for the conditioned communal areas or request one for the whole building.